Please follow these instructions to send tracked emails from your Android phone or tablet:
1) Open Mailtrack for Android page in your Android phone or your Chrome browser in your desktop computer.
2) Press the install button.
3) Select the email account you want to use to send tracked emails using your Gmail app.
4) Press the allow button to accept the permissions.
5) If the install has been successful you should receive a confirmation message saying that Mailtrack for Android Gmail has been installed.
6) Re-start the Gmail app on your phone. In order to do so, please, close it completely and open it again. If you don't know how close completely your Gmail app, please, shut down your phone and switch it on again.
7) Open your Gmail app in your phone and open any email conversation.
8) Scroll down to the very bottom of the conversation.
8) At the very end where it says available add-ons, you will see a Mailtrack icon (if you can't see the Mailtrack icon, go to Troubleshooting section at the end of this instructions)
9) Press the Mailtrack icon and then you should have the option to send a tracked reply or compose a (new) tracked email.
10) Once you´ve sent a tracked email, if you go to your sent mail folder you should be able to
see check marks denoting whether the email has been tracked (✓) and read (✓✓).
Troubleshooting and Frequent Asked Questions:
- After the successful installation, please, remember to re-start your Gmail app. Close the Gmail app completely and open it again. If you don't know how to close completely your Gmail app, shut down your phone and switch it on again.
- If installation using your smartphone is not successful, please, try to install it again using your desktop computer or laptop. Even if you install it using your computer, later it will appear in your Android smartphone automatically.
- If the installation has been successful you will see the button "installed" in the Mailtrack for Android page. However if you still can't see Mailtrack in your Gmail app, please, verify that you installed Mailtrack for Android for the right email account. In the upper-right corner of Mailtrack for Android page you will find the email account where it is installed, if not the right one, change the account and install it again.
- Mailtrack for Android is not an app but an add-on for Gmail app. This means that Mailtrack for Android will not appear as a separate app in your phone home screen, but only inside Gmail app at the very bottom of each email conversation.
- Emails send normally from your Gmail app will not be tracked, you need to send them form the Mailtrack addon. This addon is located inside an existing email conversation. You can "send tracked reply" or "compose (new) tracked email".
- We are sorry that Mailtrack is only available for Android, but it doesn't depend on us. Add-ons for Gmail app are not compatible with iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) for the moment. However Google promised that they are working on it and add-ons for Gmail will work for iOS devices soon.